From automobiles; to textiles; to knowledge economy — Rock Hill remains a factory of ideas and innovation. 1.3 million square feet of commerce, restaurants, shops, public space and residential vibrancy linking downtown Rock Hill and Winthrop University.
Duration Estimate: 2014 – 2020
- 1,000 + new jobs and incremental real estate taxes in excess of $2.8 million annually.
- Fuses University assets with vacant real estate
- Synergizes multi-generational living
- Strengthens Rock Hill as a quaint, but relevant community
- Preserves heritage, place and history
- Brings jobs to downtown Rock Hill
- City approval of the Conceptual Master Plan
- Draft and execute Development Agreements with City
- Consider zoning, bulk requirements and other criteria specific to the Master Plan; Financing of public infrastructure and other public components
- Phased land acquisition strategy that will allow the City to recover, at a minimum, its capital expenditures related to the redevelopment area
- Form of land disposition agreement between the developer and City